Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cabela's, Bubble Floats, & Does red disappear underwater?

I made time to finally visit a Cabela's last Monday. I wanted to try and find some small red circle hooks. All I can say is "WoW WoW WoW". I could have stayed all day but my girl said we needed to leave before she grew a penis (we left soon after that!).

One of the first things I saw and slapped on the wish list was this Goliath:

I think it would be great for trailering the boat in the dark, or bow fishing at night, and especially good for signaling Batman!

I also picked up a package of A-Just-A-Bubble Floats:
 I recently read an article on fly fishing without a fly rod.
http://globalflyfisher.com/fishbetter/bubble.htmSoon
I plan on visiting one of the small ponds that are stocked with trout for the winter by Texas Parks and Wildlife and trying out this technique. Here is a link to find a trout stocked ponds: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/management/stocking/trout_stocking.phtml
Trout fishing post soon to come!

We'll I found my small red circle hooks that I was looking for...and as a bonus I found some snelled with red Cajun line...

I always liked the idea of the red line and the theory of how the line was invisible under water....but this got me thinking....do the hooks disappear under water too?...and then I was looking at some Berkley Gulp Crappie Nibbles...and they come in red glitter! ...do theses vanish too?...if so whats the point?....I bought the silver ones!

TWF

No comments:

Post a Comment